Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Confessions of a Weave Convert: Jennifer

Jennifer, our website manager and writer will be our guest blogger for today. She has recently received a full head of hair extensions courtesy of Tonye of Great Hair Infusions & Sunnys: the salon.


There I stood, at the corner of 10th and Piedmont, my new hair blowing gracefully in the breeze “Un-be-weave-able!” I roll my eyes. I’ve gotten that a lot lately.

A few young women had approached me asking where I get my hair done, tugging at it and taking business flyers. When I’m not at work, I bring my online marketing efforts streetside, and that includes wearing about a pound of hair, dyed bright purple to match what I already had.

Okay, so maybe it isn’t that heavy, and dying extensions on your own isn’t recommended unless you’re an experienced professional, but it sure feels fierce/femme fatale/rock star. Every glamorous way you can imagine, that’s what new hair does to you.

“Isn’t it the point that people aren’t supposed to know you’re wearing hair?”

You can pretend the tumbling strands atop your head are all yours, but more likely than not, you’ll want to share the secret, the way we tend to excitedly squeal about how much our shoes cost – “3 dollars in the clearance section!” Because a good beauty trick is good for everyone.

Sunny’s motto “Change your hair, change your life” is true, as we all know from having awful hair cuts at one time or another. With extensions, even clip-ins, you can change your life for the brighter, the better, the longer (I personally recommend 18 inches or more!) . It’s amazing what a little hair-do!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.