Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Natural Hair Care Suggestions


At Sunny's we love Natural Hair. Many of our staff have converted from relaxers to natural hair by using hair extensions.

Recently we have fallen in love with Bohyme Brazilian Wave. The name is misleading, it sounds like it would be wet and wavy waves...but it's not...it's something much much better.

It is the closest match to healthy afro curl hair. Our summer stylist Lysandra specializes in transitioning natural hair and uses a way of delicately braiding hair as to not pull too tight. She creates a base for the hair to add support and sews on the Brazilian Wave...

The staff at our Sunny's Atlanta are the newest converts.

Bohyme Brazilian Wave starts at $90.00 for 12" it is available in 1, 1B, 2, 4, 1B/30, 4/30

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear that this hair sheds alot. Could it be that people are not treating properly (ie: sealing the weft, not using a detangling shampoo). I really want to get this hair because it would totally match my texture, but I don't want to be disappointed and waste money. What are your suggestions for treating this hair?

SHW said...

Dear Anonymous,

We personally love Bohyme Brazilian Wave but if we had one complaint it would be that if you don't seal the wefts before sewing it in, it can shed.

Our suggestion for any type of curly hair on a weft is to use Liquid Gold and apply a thin layer of Seal a Weft the night before sewing it in. This eliminates shedding as a problem.

We also recommend using a sulfate free shampoo on this hair so it won't dry out the hair.

Anonymous said...

I've heard that this hair is very big. I'm only 5'1 and plan on buying this hair, should I split the weft in half so that the hair is not so overpowering to my small frame. Thanx in advance for your reply.

SHW said...

We're not fans of splitting the weft at Sunny's. We believe it contributes to shedding which is already an issue with this hair.

So... if you are small just purchase one package and have your stylist lay the tracks with about 3/4 inch space between each track towards the back.

You'll only use about 3/4 of the pack and it won't overwhelm your small frame.

Predestined said...

Hello,

I have really been researching the Brazilian Wave. Can I still only use one pack of hair if I do not split the wefts? And is sealing a MUST?

Voluptuous Muse said...

I just discovered this hair! I absolutely love it. It is worth the price!

Voluptuous Muse said...

I love this hair! It is worth the price! I just got my first Bohyme Brazilian Weave and am just floored at how natural and beautiful it is.